Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dear Bradley James

I miss you. I miss you so much it hurts all the time. I miss every single thing about you. I miss just being with you. We never had to do anything extravagant. We could just sit at your house doing nothing, and i loved it. I loved how even though you were extremely sick, you always asked me how I was doing when I came over to scratch your legs. You were the most selfless person I have ever met. I would be okay with being half the person you were. I'm pretty sure you were the most loved person I have ever met. You had this air about you that people just fell instantly in love with. There are so many things that I miss/remember about the time we got to spend together. I miss your love for the pussy cat dolls. I will always remember you singing snoop dogg's part. I miss your intense dance moves. I miss driving to dutch and rocking out to timbaland and jack's manequinn. I miss watching trashy VH1 shows (or VHS shows like your dad always calls it for some weird reason). We used to spend hours watching it, I don't know why. I miss your quotings of "Can I have your Number". I miss spending hours sitting on the rocks at Mary S. Young Park. I miss our backstreet boys obssession. I miss sitting by the fire at haggens. I miss our long trips to radiation full of lots of dancing/singing/laughing. I miss our talks. I remember founding the cove, that is my first memory of you. we weren't very close, but that was the beginning. I miss your obssession with your hair. I miss sitting in the massage chairs at fred meyers for hours just talking. I remember muscianship class, all of our amazing projects, and the backstreet boy video that came out of it. I miss getting random texts that didn't make sense because you didn't know how to use T9, and you refused to fix mistakes. I miss going to Clackamas Park, and leaving soon after because the people were kinda sketchy. I miss sitting on the couch at coastals. I miss driving around in pops. I miss our gossiping sessions. I miss going to the park. I miss playing mafia. I miss your craziness. I miss our sparadic dance parties. I remember having the biggest crush on you in high school haha (the cat's out of the bag). I remember the amazing scavanger hunt you made for me when you asked me to prom. I remember the amazing time we had at prom and how every girl was so jealous because you were the funnest date ever. I remember how everytime we would drive at night you would almost hit a possum, and then you would laugh and laugh because that was my unfortunate nickname in college. I miss going to our favorite coffee shop at OHSU. I miss making t-shirts. I remember our weekend in Corvallis, and singing to your ipod before we went to sleep and watching the terminator. I miss when you called me everytime you were drunk to inform me that I was mormon. I miss making videos with you. I miss watching America's Next Top Model. I miss 80s movie night. I miss driving all the way to haggens just for sour candy. I miss never having a plan, but every day we had fun together. I miss driving with a cup on your car. I miss your laugh. I miss scratching your legs. I even miss rubbing your feet. I know that there are thousands of memories that aren't on here, but it would take me weeks to write every single one of them down. I am so glad your not in pain anymore, but I will always miss you and love you with all my heart. I cherish the opportunity that I had to become so close to you Bradley James, I will be grateful for that for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Darci~ I sent you a letter...I don't know if you ever received it. Reading this opens up all my memories with Brad, how I love that boy. Losing him has left one of the biggest holes in my life. I'm so sorry for your pain and the pain of everyone who love and miss him. There aren't enough words to fill in the gap of what is now gone. You are often in my thoughts along with Brad's family and other friends. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darci- I stalked you a little bit on facebook and found your blog. This just made me smile and smile, and I didn't even cry. We are both part of the exclusive "Brad took me to prom" club, which makes us super lucky and awesome. I miss hanging out with you and Brad and whoever else was around. Oregon City is full of so many amazing memories. Hope you're doing well, it looks like you are. :)
    -Sharayah

    ReplyDelete